Family Life, Hawaiian Style
Homestay is a great accommodation option for some students. It is economically priced, and it also gives you the chance to practice your English skills and experience Hawaiian lifestyle.
All of our homestay families have been visited by our staff to ensure that you will have the best homestay experience possible.
Although we understand that most students want to be placed as close as possible to the school, most of our homestay families are located in the suburban areas surrounding Honolulu. Most families live 45-60 minutes by bus from the school.
If being close to the school or nightlife is important to you, we recommend that you explore our accommodation options in or near Waikiki.
Are you interested in being a host family? Please contact us!
- From 12 years
- Room Type:
- Private Single
- Min. Occupancy:
- 1 Week
- Max. Occupancy:
- 3 Months
- Yes / No
- Check in:
- Saturday / Sunday
- Check out:
- Saturday / Sunday
- a private room (semi-private possible for children)
- a self-serve breakfast and a hot dinner each day (students aged 12-17 also receive a packed lunch)
- placement in a reliable family that has been carefully screened by the school
- transportation to school available for students aged 12-17 (mandatory for students 12-13)
Accommodation Fees 2022
- All fees in U.S. dollars. Hawaii G.E. tax included.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- 2022 tuition fees will be honored for 2023 bookings paid by Nov. 1, 2022.
- 2022 tuition fees will apply for programs starting in 2022.
- Military or Kamaaina rate: contact IIE for information
- IIE accepts payment in the form of U.S. dollars, checks (American banks), traveler’s checks (in person), wire transfers, and credit cards (VISA/MasterCard/JCB).
- Wire transfers: please add $25 fee to the total amount.
- Outgoing wire transfer fee: $50
ACCOMMODATION PLACEMENT FEE
|18+ years old||14-17 & 50+ years old||12-13 years old|
|1 week||$550||$660||$900 *|
|2 weeks||$830||$1,050||$1,270 *|
|3 weeks||$1,100||$1,335||$1,505 *|
|4 weeks||$1,400||$1,600||$1,780 *|
|5+ weeks||$350/week||$400/week||$445/week *|
- * Weekly transportation:$200 for ages 12-13; option for 14-17.
- Personal Dietary Preferences:added fee 10%, includes vegetarian; 15% vegan (dependent on availability)
- Additional Days: extra day or weekly rate - whichever is less.
On the edge of Waikiki, this remodelled student residence has great views.
- Waikiki Vista Student Residence
We offer reasonably priced condos in Waikiki which are located only 5-20 minutes on foot to IIE.
- Ohia Studio
- Studio Plus / 1 Bedroom
- Shared Condo / 3 Bedroom