Family Life, Hawaiian Style
Homestay is a great accommodation option for some students. It is economically priced, and it also gives you the chance to practice your English skills and experience Hawaiian lifestyle.
All of our homestay families have been visited by our staff to ensure that you will have the best homestay experience possible.
Although we understand that most students want to be placed as close as possible to the school, most of our homestay families are located in the suburban areas surrounding Honolulu. Most families live 45-60 minutes by bus from the school.
If being close to the school or nightlife is important to you, we recommend that you explore our accommodation options in or near Waikiki.
If you are interested in being a host family, please send us your name and email using the Contact Us form. We will be happy to email you information about being an IIE host family.
- From 12 years
- Room Type:
- Single room
- Min. Occupancy:
- 1 Week
- Max. Occupancy:
- 3 Months
- Yes / No
- Check in :
- Saturday / Sunday
- Check Out:
- Saturday / Sunday
- a private room (semi-private possible for children)
- a self-serve breakfast and a hot dinner each day (students aged 12-17 also receive a packed lunch)
- placement in a reliable family that has been carefully screened by the school
- transportation to school available for students aged 12-17 (mandatory for students 12-13)
Accommodation Fees 2018
- All fees in U.S. dollars. Hawaii G.E. tax included.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- 2018 tuition fees will be honored for 2019 bookings paid by Nov. 1, 2018.
- One Lesson = 45 Minutes of Group Class Time
- Military or Kamaaina rate - ask us
ACCOMMODATION PLACEMENT FEE
■ With Meals
|18+ years old||14-17 & 50+ years old||12-13 years old|
|1 week||$525||$630||$855 *|
|2 weeks||$750||$965||$1,210 *|
|3 weeks||$990||$1,210||$1,435 *|
|4 weeks||$1,260||$1,385||$1,680 *|
■ No Meals
|18+ years old||50+ years old|
- * Weekly transportation:$200 for ages 12-13; option for 14-17.
- Additional Days: extra day or weekly rate - whichever is less.
We offer low-cost Shared Houses in three great locations. Students have a private bedroom and share living and dining areas.
- Diamond Head Shared House
- Hale Aloha Shared House
- Waikiki Ena House
We offer reasonably priced condos in Waikiki which are located only 5-20 minutes on foot to IIE.
- Island Colony
- Hawaiian Monarch
- Park Heights