Cambridge Exam Preparation
FCE & CAE, 25 or 32.5 lessons / week
90% of IIE Candidates Pass Last Exams!
IIE Hawaii is perfectly located in Waikiki so that Cambridge students can make the most of their time... study hard, then enjoy the beach just steps away. An authorized official Cambridge Preparation Center, the school offers courses in the First Certificate in English (FCE) and the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) three times a year.The FCE is an upper-intermediate level exam, and the CAE is an advanced level exam. Both certificates are challenging, highly-respected assessments of English abilities, and the exam scores are good for life. Our rigorous courses will prepare you with the skills and strategies needed for success on exam day. Extra support is also available for Cambridge students in our Cambridge Boost tutorial program.
Cambridge English Language Assessment(The Cambridge ESOL Examinations) are recognized by over 13,000 employers and universities around the world. Additionally, through a unique agreement with University of Hawaii's Kapiolani Community College (KCC), students accepted into IIE Hawaii's FCE or CAE courses may also be conditionally accepted into KCC's college courses upon successful completion. See Hawaii Rainbow Pathways page for more information about IIE's special partner programs with KCC.
- All students must take a Cambridge placement exam at IIE prior to the course.
- Students whose scores are insufficient will be advised about other academic options including the Cambridge Boost program.
- Students changing between FCE and CAE after arrival should consider possible differences in exam dates and plan their stay accordingly.
- The courses below require an F1 Student Visa. Student Visa Information Website
Acceptance by IIE in the Academic Track or Cambridge Exam Preparation programs, students may receive conditional acceptance to KCC.
Course & Exam Dates
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 1
- Session 2
All students must take a Cambridge placement exam at IIE prior to the course. Students whose scores are insufficient will be advised about other academic options including the Cambridge Boost program.
FCE: First Certificate in English
The FCE is for students whose knowledge of English is sufficient for everyday situations, including social, work and study situations.
To enroll in IIE’s FCE Preparation course, students should be at the high B1or B1+ level.
|9 weeks||2022 / Jan. 3 - Mar. 4||Mar. 11|
|12 weeks||2022 / Mar. 14 - June 3||June 4|
|12 weeks||2022 / Sept. 6 - Nov. 25||Nov. 29|
CAE: Certificate in Advanced English
The CAE is for students who have a level of English which is sufficient for most tasks, including social and educational situations.
To enroll in IIE's CAE Preparation course, students should be at the B2 level.
|9 weeks||2022 / Jan. 3 - Mar. 4||Mar. 12|
|12 weeks||2022 / Mar. 14 - June 3||June 8|
|12 weeks||2022 / Sept. 6 - Nov. 25||Nov. 30|
Tuition & Fees 2022
- All fees in U.S. dollars. Hawaii G.E. tax included.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- 2022 tuition fees will be honored for 2023 bookings paid by Nov. 1, 2022.
- 2022 tuition fees will apply for programs starting in 2022.
- Military or Kamaaina rate: contact IIE for information
- IIE accepts payment in the form of U.S. dollars, checks (American banks), traveler’s checks (in person), wire transfers, and credit cards (VISA/MasterCard/JCB).
- Wire transfers: please add $25 fee to the total amount.
- Outgoing wire transfer fee: $50
REGISTRATION & MATERIALS 2022
|Materials & Tech Fee||$15|
|Express Mail Fee||$100 (optional)|
CAMBRIDGE EXAM PREPARATION25 / 32.5 lessons
- Exam Fee: $280
- Admin Fee: $150
|9 weeks (32.5 lessons)||$3,840|
|12 weeks (25 lessons)||$3,840|
|Cambridge Boost (16 semi-private)||$960|
For students seeking maximum improvement in minimum time. This morning & afternoon program can be offered with afternoon Small Group Conversation or Business options.
Personalized instruction ideal for students who want to concentrate on a specific area of study, or who do not have the time to study in our other courses.